We’re holding another Lockpicking workshop! If you’re fascinated with locks, have a penchant for breaking the rules, or have watched too many Jason Bourne movies, you’ll learn basic lockpicking techniques.
RSVP on the facebook page:
We’ll be releasing tickets in the next few weeks so watch the facebook page!
Builds Meeting Notes September 28th
Began by talking about pros & cons of events/workshops we’ve held so far
- Tying the structure of a workshop to an end goal
- Trying to make it interactive
- AJ mentioned how walking through challenges has been a success
- AJ would like to announce in classes (410, 538, etc.) about the reverse engineering talk
- Try to have a end result (something created is much more motivating)
- Especially for the AWS one (but for all the rest), have every command and every nuance listed so someone can
- Email CFA people
- Pls make a cool logo for 440 people!!
- Github pages
- Free .me
Use builds.cc github icon to get to the builds site
- Nico will hopefully tend to the website this coming weekend
- In workshop section, have each description be populated by the workshop md file
- MAKE TWO MD FILES
- README.md = steps and stuff for the actual workshop
- description.md = event description (used for the site, email, fb event, etc.)
Have workshop organizers create an MD file for the preliminary
After AWS Workshop, potential workshops:
- Data Science (Ben)
- Raspberry Pi (Element 14)
- 3D Printer
- Arduinos & kit (AdaFruit)
- iOS (Make sure we address the windows issue)
- Android (Android Studio; make sure people download first + use their android)
- Rooting Android Phones
Builds Meeting Notes September 21st
- Will Blair worked with freshmen
- Things we could have improved upon:
- Have a clear schedule
Lincolns Lab talk
- AJ would like to meet with him
- Sean thinks the meeting should be in 3-4 weeks
- AJ needs to email him back
- Update Builds.cc website
- Needs to be a more important thing
- Change the meeting time on the main homepage
- Setup mailchimp and import contacts to mailchimp then switch the link
- Calendar (Google calendar) with info about events
- Explicitly add meetings
- Sept. 23rd: Amalia’s Prep for Intro to Command Line
- Nico will lead a git workshop
AJ’s Idea for having a weekly 2nd Meeting
- Concern is that binary isn’t easy to teach and exciting, but important
- Criticism is that it may be neglected as the semester picks up
Builds Meeting Notes September 2nd
Pertaining to Splash:
- Sean has ordered 200 stickers
- Contact Allan about the chicken suit?
- 3D Bottle Openers!
- We will give out stickers for free to incentivize people into giving us their emails (Make it clear we will only email them once!)
- We will give the first (~50 or however many) people who join our FB group bottle openers!
- Amalia or Sean will hopefully be doing some lock picking at the table to entice people
- Nico will need to try and get a poster printed out for us
- Nico will try to bring the Oscilloscope just to make the table look that much more dope
- If we have access to the chicken suit, that could be something we could incorporate
- The email we will send out will be one awesome info-filled email
Other Topics that were Brought Up:
- We need to change the listing on our ACM account for BU
- We need to formally establish areas of subject that each person will specifically reply to (pertaining to emails to ACM)
- Sean and I need to attend Executive Training
- Sunday @ Noon: CLEAN THE BUILDS ROOM!
What have you made this year?
BUILDS is BU’s makerspace club where we work together on cool projects. And BUILDS would not be BUILDS if we did not make things!
On April 15, 6:30 - 8:00 PM (MCS B26), the BUILDS Open House will be a university project showcase event to celebrate the ingenuity of student projects.
Do you have a side project you want to show off, whether it be code, robot, tech-inspired art, or any wonderful burst of unbridled creativity?
Fill out this spreadsheet, and we’ll grab you a table for you to showcase your project at our expo event.
The event will be in the basement of MCS room B26 and B33. There’ll be lots of food!
Come, network, tour the BUILDS room, talk, eat, and check out the cool side projects at BU on April 15, 6:30 - 8:00 PM.
We’re preparing challenges for Boston Key Party 2015, a security jeopardy-style
CTF that BUILDS helps organize. Boston Key Party will take place on February 27
to March 1, 2015. We need some help, organizing questions, and we
need people to test the problems.
Contact our President: email@example.com