January 19th 2010
From Builds Wiki
- Greetings and Happy New Year!
- If you didn't see it already, check out the awesome new monitor on the door!
- Musical Stairs
- First off, congrats/mucho thanks due to all those who arrived early in the year and did such an incredible job on the model.
- Work will continue immediately after today's meeting.
- There's a course this semester, CS212, a sort of "introduction" to programming with an arduino
- The entire course will be centered around building ROBOTS.
- If you're interested, talk to Kyle/ sign up for yourself.
- Vegetable Oil Car
- Bad news, the parts from the previously built car are no longer available.
- Also, the build would have to take place in the Warren Parking garage (it's cold).
- The build will most likely start in the fall.
- CNC drawbot
- It's like a 3D etch-a-sketch that you can use to draw awesome objects.
- New policies
- Starting this semester, we want EVERYBODY who uses the room regularly to GET INVOLVED in projects
- The website will be updated soon to accomodate Project leaders keeping track of members who are, in fact, involved in their projects.
- The point is that BUILDS was created as a project space. Over the course of the past year, however, it has become more study-oriented.
- This is not a BAD thing, but it is not the purpose of this space.
- People are still welcome to study at BUILDS, we just ask those that use the room regularly to be actively involved in the spirit of BUILDS.
- NOTE: THERE WILL BE/ARE TONS OF PROJECTS FOR EVERYONE. IF YOU CAN'T FIND YOU NICHE, CREATE ONE.
- All those interested should contact the above.
- Meetings are Tuesday nights.
- CLEAN UP THE ROOM.
Meeting ended 7:05 PM